Kathirkamanathan Shanmuganathan, MBBS
Research Grant Award
Kathirkamanathan Shanmuganathan, MBBS, Research Grant Award
Number of Grants and Amount
- $20,000 per award ($10,000 per year for two years)
- There will be one award per year
- Staff expenses (research assistant, statistics, administrative)
- Materials (photo illustration, on-line tools)
- Tuition, books
- Travel (for collaboration)
- The award is not expected to support investigator time
- Please note that the award may not be used to fund institutional indirect costs
- Principal investigator(s) must be members of the ASER, but applications can come from institutions worldwide.
- Awardees are expected to present their work at the ASER annual meeting during the grant award period, and to submit a manuscript from the project to the Society’s journal Emergency Radiology.
- Applications must be for projects which are not already currently funded by grant awards from the ASER or other organizations.
- The application deadline is June 30, with formal announcement of the awardee at the ASER Annual Meeting.
- A committee appointed by the ASER Executive Committee will review applications and select the award winner by late August.
- Preference for the award will be given to multi-institutional collaborations and issues/programs that involve a broad group of the Society.
- The committee will determine award winners based on the following:
- Importance of topic and relevance to ASER
- Collaboration (multi-institutional, multi-specialty)
- Project design
- Applicant credentials
- All applications must be submitted electronically.
Dr. Ali Gholamrezanezhad, who has been awarded the 2020 ASER Kathirkamanathan Shanmuganathan Research Grant Award for “Emergency Imaging Protocols for Pregnant Patients: A Multi-Institutional and Multi-Specialty Comparison of Resident Education.